Monday, November 17, 2008

Being a Left-handed person

At least I am member of a unique club....that's what I believe(they are only 10% of the whole population of the world)......whatever stigma is attached to my being left-handed, I love being one......It gives me a sense of uniqueness.......a sense of being different.......a class above those miserly right-handed people....a cult of opportunists.....Yes, I call them miserly.........because they are so.........always singling out us (the left-handed ones) for one thing or the other.........that's how things have been since time began.......we have been ostracized from the society for our use of the left hand..........we have been executed mercilessly..........but we survived........the stigma still follows us in daily life.
Common tools are exclusively built for the right hand.......a scissors, a knife, a common school chair.......all point towards a biased approach against us.
Now coming to my experiences of being a left-handed guy in a world of the right-handed.......well......I always remember my childhood with my elders scolding me for holding the spoon in my left hand (citing the actual use for the left hand)....and i always thought whether i was the only one........then i remember this girl at school in the same grade but the other section.......in a combined lecture ....while sitting besides me, she saw how I wrote with my left hand all curled and she asked.....yuck!!!!whats with your hand??and i was like excuse me madam.......that's how i write and i don't find it yucky........the chairs with the writing area attached has also been a trouble for me.......either i could not find one...or even if it existed...it was either in a very bad condition......or located way back of the room.......writing in a public place also made me feel awkward....people staring at how i write and passing comments .......come on people.......i am not an alien......am just a normal left-handed human.....

2 comments:

JDèé said...

Well, to be honest, the way you write IS yucky. :P

VVulph said...

This then implies,
What right handed people do with their left hand, is something you do with right hand ?
Ofcourse I AM kidding ! but do tell me about this concerned little soul who asked you WHY!!